Daly Restaurants  
 

Map of Previous Restaurants | A Brief History | Photo Album


Which Daly Did You Grow Up With?

  Daly #   Location Years Active
1
4684 Jim Daly, Dearborn Heights
in 1963 moved one block south to 5152 S. Beech Daly
1948-2003
2
1622 S. Wayne, Westland
1956-2003
3
20853 W Grand River Ave, Detroit
1957-1981
4
2431 S. Telegraph, Dearborn Heights
1957-1978
5
21547 W. Warren Ave., Dearborn Heights
1958-1985
6
31500 Plymouth Rd., Livonia
1959-Present
7
821 Dix Hwy, Lincoln Park
1959-1970
8
21360 Groesbeck Ave., Warren
1962-1975
9
20853 Plymouth Rd., Detroit
1963-1976
10
8997 Greenfield, Detroit
1963-1975
11
800 Ann Arbor Rd., Plymouth
1963-1998
12
22510 Ecorse Rd., Taylor
1966-1977
13
17195 Harper, Detroit
1967-1975
14
1331 W. Maple, Clawson
1968-1969
14
25385 Five Mile Rd., Redford
1969-1976
15
15231 Farmington Rd., Livonia
1970-1977
16
7670 Highland, Waterford
1972-1975
17
35227 Grand River Ave., Farmington Hills
1972-1975
7
12224 Huron River Dr., Romulus
1974-2000

Back to Top

Back to Top

Brief History

With both World War II and the Great Depression behind us, Bill Ihlenfeldt opened his first drive-in restaurant. It was the summer of 1948. Located on what was then Jim Daly Road, it was called Bill's Drive In. Shortly thereafter, he renamed it Daly Drive In, after it's street location.

Long hours and hard work were in his blood. Bill developed a special way of cooking hamburgers, and then topped them off with his unique Daly E-Sauce. Add in footlong Dalydogs, a variety of sandwiches, delicious soups and chilis, banana splits and other desserts, and you have his recipe for success. That recipe hassatisfied metropolitan Detroit appetites for over 50 years.

In the decade of the Fifties, Bill's brother, two sisters, and their spouses opened their own Daly Drive Ins. Located in Westland, Detroit and Livonia, they became the framework of a small chain that would become known throughout the country.

Our restaurant is located on Plymouth Road in Livonia. This location was opened by Bud and Doris Grace in March of 1959. It is now company owned and operated.



Back to Top    

History
  Menu Since 1948
  Contact Coupons Daly News Photos Coupons Links Daly Diner
  Souvenirs  
Memories